CDOJ offers its services to establish Gem & Jewellery Training cum Production Centres in different states of India to produce Finished Gems in different Forms and Gem studded die made as well as Hand made Jewellery. CDOJ also undertake the Jewellery designing course in order to train artisans on modern & contemporary Jewellery for domestic and export market. It helps local Jewellers to manufacture latest and fast moving design for their domestic & International customers. CDOJ also establish sate of art Gemology Lab to certify Natural & Authentic Gems.
The Common Facility Centre helps local Government / entrepreneurs in the following manner :-
1. EMPLOYMENT GENERATION :- Effective Employment to the tune of 200 – 500 persons in Gem & Jewellery sector is generated within a span of 3 years at one location.
2. VALUE ADDITION :- The processing of Finished Gems and Gem studded / plain Jewellery fetches a good Quantity of Value addition.
3. GENERATION OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE :- The Export of Finished Gems & silver / gold Jewellery to USA, Europe, Australia, Japan other countries brings valuable foreign exchange to that country.
4. DEVELOPMENT OF PRECIOUS METAL JEWELLERY & GEM INDUSTRY:- The Training of local artisans on Gem and Jewellery Technology changes the entire scenario of Gem & Jewellery trade in the country significantly. Import of Finished Gem & Jewellery gradually decreases. The development of Gem & Jewellery sector helps local Jewellery industry to be self-reliant.
5. DEVELOPMENT OF SECONDARY INDUSTRIES :- The Allied industries related to Machinery, Tools, Furniture, Consumable, Construction, Trading, Marketing & other activities are gradually developed and create further Employment.